CDL A Driver Collections Sign on Bonus 6000
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans
What is the value of a WM job?
Hours: M-F 6am-to Finish
Pay: $25-$27 DOE with Fork Lift
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today!!
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on transfer routes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Dispatch.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Operate tractor (manual transmission), trailers and forklift to run bale route pick up at customer locations (e.g. behind the customer building)
- Backfill other Driving positions as needed- ability to drive Box Truck, Tractor Trailer, Etc. must understand Van/truck specifications and account needs/details.
- Ensure timely pickups for scheduled customers
- Complete daily housekeeping, cleaning and trash removal from cab of truck at the end of every shift
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- 1 year forklift experience
- 2 years CDL A with manual transmission
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License A (CDL) with air brake endorsements, manual transmissions.
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and motor vehicle record review.
- Acceptable driving record required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.
About the Team
Our drivers are part of the fabric of the communities they serve. We show up on time, help keep your communities clean and watch out for the residents. Billy is just one of our many drivers going above and beyond for our customers. Video – WM Driver: Billy Shelby
To apply for this job please visit emcm.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.